La Famille Lacour
Since 1941 Lacour Hotel is a family hotel. That year Mrs. Francine Lacour and her husband Roger have decided to jump into the adventure of Hotel and Restaurant business. And what an adventure at that time! Mrs. Lacour however wasn’t destined for this vocation. In fact she was working along with her father in the family enterprise as a heavy-freight truck driver transporting army’s merchandises. By that time, Francine was the first woman heavy-freight truck driver in the Upper-Alpes department.
At the very beginning Restaurant Lacour was a simple street restaurant, tobacco shop and press depot. In 1954 the couple build a restaurant salon as well as a genuine cuisine.
In 1957 the hotel is ruined by inundation which ravaged everything. The dirty water swamps the locals. It levels had reached the bar counter. Two long years were necessary to the family to recover from such a disaster.
In 1959 Mr. and Mrs. Lacour transform the garage into a restaurant salon targeting the travelers clientele. In the same year Mr. Lacour passed away. Francine finds herself alone in charge of everything along with her two daughters Marie-Thérèse, 17 and Nicole, 11 years old.
Before his decease Mr. Lacour had been making plans for the construction of an annex of the hotel.
In 1961, surrounded by her daughters, Francine resume the construction works. The annex is called “Catinat” and consists of 14 one-star rooms. In 1975 the kitchen and the restaurant salon near the train station will be expanded and the same year the bar will be renovated
In 1991, the extension of the annex is released. This is the second phase of the construction works when 16 new, two-star rooms were built next to the garden, along with laundry room and conference room. In 1995 the rooms located above the restaurant are entirely renovated. Showers and toilets were installed in every single room. After years of hard work and a live dedicated to the welfare and comfort of her customers, in 2004, Mrs. Francine Lacour leaves this world at the age of 91 years old.
In 1998, after completing his studies and gained experience in institutions in the South of France, Lionel Eymar, the son of Nicole, become Chief cuisine in the restaurant of his mother and his aunt. In 2010 Lionel, along with his wife Céline, take over the family business.
In 2012, to revitalize the place, Lionel and Céline renovate the bar, Tabaco shop and the restaurant.